If you have been using WhatsApp for a relatively short time, you may have noticed that many of your iPhone contacts use emoticons freely every time you initiate a conversation through the mobile device; However, when you try to put a smile, it does not appear, right? The secret is that all those people have previously downloaded an application to be able to have them, and is that iPhone, unlike other systems, does not have this option by default. Want to know which app will help you get it? In a How we explain, step by step, how to use WhatsApp stickers and emoticons on the iPhone.
How to add an emoticon to my status on WhatsApp?
- To use Whatsapp stickers and emoticons on iPhone, which as we have explained are not installed by default, you must download an application. Go to the App Store of your device and click on the small magnifying glass icon in ‘Search’.
- There are many apps to get the emoticons, but we have chosen Emoji Free! For Whatsapp. In the small square in the upper area of the screen, write Emoji Free! For Whatsapp, this is the name of the application you need to be able to use emoticons in WhatsApp.
- Choose the first option that appears, this should be free and click on ‘ Install ‘. In just a few seconds you can start sending emoticons to all your Whatsapp contacts.
- Has the download finished? Go to ‘ Settings ‘, then click on ‘ General ‘ and later ‘ Keyboard ‘.
- In the category ‘ Keyboard ‘ should appear now ‘Emoji ‘; If not, click on ‘Add new keyboard’ and select it.
- Go to WhatsApp, open conversation with any contact and, when the keyboard is displayed, select the small icon of the face that should now appear.
- As you can see, you can select the icons you want and send them without problems. Welcome to the world of emoticons on iPhone, a much simpler and visual way of communicating. Easy peasy!
- Also, if you do not have a smartphone, you can also use WhatsApp on your computer in a simple and very fast way. Do you dare to try?